Monday, February 4

Asian BB Cream For Dark Skin

Being interested in Asian beauty secrets I discovered the world of BB creams really early, but always thought I could never use them because I've got darker skin. Who would have that that I would wear BB creams on a regular basic now. There still isn't a color range available for darker skin, but I will tell you some tips on how you can make other Asian BB creams work for you ;D Some may think, why not just use western BB creams since they have a wide color range. That may be true, but I still haven't found a western BB cream that can compare even the slightest bit to the Asian BB creams I've tried >.<

MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream No 31 No 27

BB Cream For Dark Skin

 

This is the darkest shade of Asian BB cream that can be found and my favourite BB cream I've tried so far. It blends and covers really well and has a high SPF. It can work up to a NC 44, if it's applied properly. That means, make sure it's blended out really well. Also, you may want to set it with a more yellow toned powder since the BB cream has a pinkish undertone. If you're a NC 40 or lower you may want to try No. 27 it's more yellow toned, but also lighter (you could also make it match with a darker powder).
Also take into consideration that BB creams oxidize, so even though it may look to light on you when you first put it on, it can match your skin tone perfect after about 15 minutes ;)

I thought this video may help some of you to see the diffrence between the colors (I don't own it) 

Work it in, set with powder

Before I started to use the Missha Perfect Cover, I used the Skin79 Super+ BB Cream Gold, which is literally white! But it still worked. Just warm the BB cream in your fingers and then press it on your face. With your palm press the BB cream into your skin. The key is to use the warmth of your hands. Afterwords set it with a powder that matches your skin color. I recommend this technique just people that are satisfied with a really light coverage since you can't use to much of the product because otherwise the color will show up too much.
BB Cream For Dark Skin
Comparison
BB Cream For Dark Skin
The color looks really white and ashy unblended
BB Cream For Dark Skin
Blended it looks much better (still a white sheen), set it with a powder and it will work
BB Cream For Dark Skin
For comparison, of course this color matches way better (but can see the pinkish undertone)

 

Mix it

This is probably the easiest way to come to your color. Just get any Asian BB cream you want and mix it with a foundation or a western BB cream whose color is a bit darker than what you would normally use. This also gives more coverage (if you use a foundation) to people who want or need it, and if you want less coverage just mix it with some moisturizer (You may want to use one that is really simple like the one from Cetaphil). I mix my BB cream with La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo to archive less coverage and a lighter feeling for school days.

Use BB cream as a primer

If you just want to the use the benefits of the BB cream such as scar lightening, wrinkle prevention, sun protection etc., then you could think about using it as a primer under your foundation. I also used to do this with the Skin79 Super+ BB Cream Gold when I needed more coverage, I'd just put my revlon colorstay foundation over it :D

So I hope this helped some of you and if you have any questions don't be too shy to ask ;D

xo Roxi

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:01 PM

    Hi there,

    I have medium skin, like western Asian skintone, what colour would you recommend? Also have you tried etude house bb creams? If so, what are your thoughts on it. Thank in advance :))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I'm sorry for the late reply, I'm in Korea right now so it's hard to find time to update my blog^^

      I can't really tell from what you said which color you should choose since I've never really heard of what kind of skin color western Asians have, sorry >.< Have you ever used any other foundation or so before? If you told me what color you are, then I may could help you more ;D

      As for the Etude House BB cream. I recommend the Precious Mineral Bright Fit (if you want a dewy look, not suitable for oily skin) and Precious Mineral Cotton fit (has a matter finish, so it's better if you have oily skin. They don't provide such a high coverage and SPF as the Missha one, but they are cheaper and also come in diffrent shades. They look nice all day, and they don't give a white sheen in photos like the Skin79 one^^

      I prefer the Missha one since it comes in my skin color and the coverage is quite good, but if you don't need that then you should try the ones from Etude House ;)

      Hope this helps, feel free to ask again, if you want to know more ;D

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. hi there... first of all... happy to find someone who wrote an article about this.
    in my opinion its way to hard to find asian bb creams in darker shade and i think thats super unfair :(
    because asian cosmetics are great! not to doubt that..
    so when you are in korea right now why dont u sell some of those pruducts? :D (in my advantage too hihi)
    because when i search onliine i dont find anyone who even offers no 27 or no 31. and thats so sad :(
    or could you recommend an online seller who is safe and offers these shades?
    but was a pleasure to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:53 PM

      You can go straight to the Missha website or there is a seller on ebay (newskindoctor) who sells these shades

      Delete
    2. Hello there :D
      I totally agree with you. It's really sad that asian bb creams don't usually come in darker shades, even though there are actually quite a lot of darker skinned Asians.
      While being in Korea I wanted to get me some Missha BB creams, just to see that they actually don't sell the darker shades in the Missha stores there, which was quite dissapointing :/
      But just like the other comment said, you can get it from 'newdoctorskin' on ebay, where I usually get mine from too. Or you could go to www.missha.net, where they don't sell to Switzerland but to many other countries^^

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:52 PM

    OMG!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been looking for a post like this. Thanks for the great advice ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy that I could help you :D

      Delete
  4. Hi ^^
    So i've been dying to get my hands in a Korean bb cream. The problem is, i'm less darker than you are and i'm afraid that if i buy it, it'll be too dark or too light. I'm using a powder from a bran named Bettina and the shade is "Forever Beige". That is kinda like my skin tone. Enough explaining (i'm sorry it was a lot D: ) I want to know which bb cream you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't know that brand,but from looking at the picture i'd say missha perfect cover in No 23, if you really unsure about your colour though, you can order samples from ebay which are really inexpensive.
      Also for recommandation, i'd like to ask what is important for you? if you want coverage i think the missha perfect cover is a really good choice, but if this is not what you're looking for i may have another one i'd recommend you, so please let me know^^

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:06 PM

    Hi I was wondering, would you recommend Missha M perfect cover for people with oily/combination skin :) ? cuz my nose area gets so oily :( and this is the only bb cream that I've seen that could match my skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello~
      I have really oily skin in general and this works well for me, but i do recommend using a setting powder over it^^
      You could also try using a primer around your nose, that can help a lot ;)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Hello, I am super glad that you wrote this topic because I am a desi girl that is to say an indian french malagasy skin tone so it is really hard to find a korean bb cream for me. And I would like to know if you already tried the skin 79 bb cream in bronze ? Because I would like to try it but in youtube, nobody is really tested it, I means women dark skin tone or tanned.

    ReplyDelete